Sunday 2 January 2011



I've been working on the idea of creating objects from other objects. I have been covering items that i am drawn to (tools/furniture at current) in paper mache and then removing the new shell as well as i can. Parts come away 'better' than others, and at first i was disappointed that some didn't ressemble the original object at all. I have decided to work with the fact that they have become cryptic objects as i think they are quite beautiful as objects in their own right. I want to cast these in slip, i am not quite sure how i will do this yet, but i'll do it. I love the idea of combining different parts to form new objects that could be suggestive of tools etc.

"They are curious semi-abstract forms that vaguely suggest identifiable objects but whose identity is undecipherable." - Franz West <3

No comments: